Are you worried about that you look tired, wrinkly and old? It’s a normal part of aging; as we get older our skin begins to lose volume and sag, causing lines and wrinkles. There is something we can do about it! Softening of these facial lines and the restoration of volume and fullness in the face often can be achieved non-surgically with injectable fillers.
The main ingredient of dermal fillers is hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring compound in the skin and connective tissue. Hyaluronic acid serves the role of locking in moisture. The loss of hyaluronic acid as we age causes the skin to become dehydrated, contributing to wrinkles and lines. The Hyaluronic acid products can help you achieve a smooth, refreshed and natural-looking skin.
Here’s a list of some of the areas where dermal filler can be used:
- Lines from mouth to chin (melomental folds or marionette lines)
- Lines between eyebrows (frown lines)
- Small vertical lines above and below the lips
- In the lips for volume and definition
- To restore volume to cheekbones or cheeks
- To add volume and better define your jawline and chin
- Under the eyes to reduce dark circles
What is Botox?
Botox® is the trade name for Botulinum Toxin, a neurotoxin in the form of a purified protein. The mechanism of action for Botulinum Toxin (Botox) is really quite simple; it is injected into facial muscles but really doesn’t affect the muscle at all. Botulinum Toxin (Botox) works by blocking the transmitters between the motor nerves that innervate the muscle. As a result, the muscles are unable to contract; it is this contraction that wrinkles the skin lying over the muscle. With the muscles relaxed, the wrinkles become smooth.
The Botox procedure is quick and causes only minor, temporary discomfort. A small, thin needle is used to inject Botox into the small facial muscles.
Here’s a list of areas where Botox can be used:
- To relax and soften vertical and horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet and frown lines that make you look angry, anxious, fearful or fatigued
- To smooth chin dimpling and creases on the chin
- To diminish and soften bunny lines
- To improve facial symmetry
- To lift and upturn the corners of the mouth
- To soften vertical lip lines
- To treat aging of the neck created by the age-related downward pull of the platysma muscles that creates vertical neck bands
Give us a call to schedule a complimentary consultation – 678-585-4917